View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
And it never occurred to you that that's how things work in the NHL? Parros, Ivanans, Westgarth, etc. never would have stayed up in the NHL based on playing ability alone. It's a very specialized and underappreciated role. Enforcers tend to be 6'3+, 220+,virtually always white or black exclusively (sometimes native), and undersized enforcers have to fight the biggest anyway or they cannot make it. The enforcers is typically among if not the lowest-paid llayer on his team and is often torn apart on internet forum boards, often by people who've never played hockey (not saying that's you just pointing it out)while beloved in dressing rooms and even arenas. GM's, teammates, and coaches tend to love them and they are typically friendly and articulate off the ice.

Also as for hits, check out the one on Torres in October before Bissonnette jumped in.
So you only want to keep enforcers on the team out of pity that they are good guys who can't play hockey? Hell, i'm a good guy who can't play hockey, ill take 600k/year to sit on the bench

I don't see why you keep Westgarth, even though he is bad at hockey, purely because once every 8 games he will have a staged fight vs another heavyweight in a pointless situation

Has Westgarth ever had a non-staged fight? Has he ever jumped to the defence of a teammate and had a fight right there and then? I can't remember him ever doing that

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote