View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 12:46 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I've seen Andersson play and I probably will not vote for him at any point in this process. I don't see anything worth getting excited about. I'll take Jensen's potential over Andersson as a 14th-forward "finished product".

I don't see why Marchenko is the new flavor of the month. He's had a lot of injury problems and while he's produced against juniors in limited action, he's got very little time in at the KHL level.

The injury issue is a huge one for this guy. He's had his spleen removed and he's had a major knee injury. Those are two injuries that can have a serious impact on his career. I'm not buying any time soon.
Marchenko has been highly rated for a long time. You're barking up the wrong tree with your "flavor of the month" comment.

Guy was supposed to be captain of the Russian WJC team last year. He's a highly though-of hockey player who has expressed interest in coming to North America.

In my estimation, he might be our second best prospect behind Smith on defense. I only downgrade him because of his injury history.

But injury history didn't stop us from going with Frk a couple picks ago.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote