View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 04:23 PM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
So me and my girlfriend are contemplating moving out to Vancouver in the next couple years once school is done for her... We have some friends out there right now and they have some good contacts out there... mainly Tommy Europe (who used to play for the BC Lions who now owns his own gym and TV show) and there are quite a few pro sports and junior teams in the area.... So this might be a good move for me career wise.

Thoughts?
Living in downtown Vancouver is great and if within your means, I would do it. Ottawa is great too, especially since you can make trips to Quebexico and I generally like the population in Ottawa. The main advantage in Vancouver is that its a lot more easy going and the weather never drops below freezing. You can also downhill ski instead of cross-country which is a huge plus if you like hitting the mountain.

Living the suburbs is okay but if I didn't have kids, or made an extra $500K a year (to afford a 2,000 sq ft condo), I would still be downtown. Having lived both in the suburbs and downtown as a working adult, I think my opinion is pretty valid. In my experience most people who prefer living in the suburbs have never actually lived downtown.