View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 05:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
A guy who was passed over in his first draft and taken in the 7th in his second, only to have a couple of injury filled seasons since being drafted.

vs a 22 year old who is doing very well in the NCAA and putting up very good numbers, while having aphysical edge and possibly being our best skating prospect.

How many times have you seen Marchenko play just curious?
More curious in how many times he has seen Jensen play by his comments?

I have seen Marchenko online a couple of times there is a lot to like. Have no problem with people being high on him. I am high on him, but Jensen has that one stand out tool. His skating it really is that good in my opinion. It is an elite level tool and it helps his talent and he is growing into a player that helps use it to better all aspects of his game.

Dropping as a Russian guy is no surprise. His draft year was the spleen issue and the next year he was an overage Russian player. If they don't like Russians in their draft year overagers take an even larger hit. It was a great value pick in my opinion and while I don't buy the Vladdy comparisons some have thrown out, he does remind me of Emelin who just came over. He is a very solid player. You don't have to dislike either to like the other that is what surprises me about this argument. Marchenko if he can stay healthy is a dynamite idea, but there is almost no chance of him coming over despite what he has said if the ELC rules change as the Owners have asked in the next CBA.

I could see both these guys making it and in a big way. I just think Jensen's skating is fascinating because it is legit in a huge way. That and smooth skating college d-man seem to transition really well into the NHL and pro game. When you couple that with his age and the steps in his game he is going to come into the pro game very advanced and with a skill set he can rely on. Very excited to see if he can get in the Hobey Baker conversation because that would be huge for his confidence and maybe get people thinking of him in a more elite way, because he has an elite skill set.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote