Thread: Line Combos: 2012-2013 Possible Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 06:26 PM
FlaggerX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
IMO, any player at any position can get by with average/below average skating if they get to the spot they need to get to more efficiently....that usually comes with experience and hockey sense. Savard just isn't there yet, IMO. I'm not really sure I expect him to be, really. Moore can make up for being in the wrong position with his speed and how hard he can be on the puck. I don't see that from Savard yet. Moore is no tough guy along the walls, but he does stick his nose in there. I don't see that from Savard yet.

That's not to say he can't get there. With his size and shot he could end up better than a lot of guys. or maybe he won't. I'm not the best guy to talk to about prospects. I tend to evaluate more on what I see than what I think I will see with a lot of these guys after a few games. I've just not really seen anything from Savard that makes me think he's anything special so far.
I think Savard has made some rookie mistakes but his puck handling is one of his strengths. But so far he hasn't shown the reactions needed to make up for his lack of speed. Defensively he's still a liability and that's why he spent the year in Springfield. Moore has the wheels to make up for mistakes, and right now we aren't starving for offensive defenseman (a nice change) so there's no reason not to bring a defenseman who is defensively strong.

Truth is we don't know which of the kids will play opposite Aucoin. That waits for camp.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote