View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
imo clifford didnt play that bad last year i think considering the mins he played and with the quality of players he was with. I mean he was average 9 24 secs on a line with westgarth moreau hunter fraser lewis not exactly guys going to light it up with. Also he got bumped down a line with the addictions of penner all year and gagne.he was getting spot 3line mins under murray to geting 4thline mins That alone effected his so called bad year.

I also expect king to struggle a bit in his 2nd year most players do. The only way he s going to get into the swing of things is playing. Should he suck that bad we can always try promoting pearson or another ahl winger that is playing well. I would like to see some of theses great young players get a few games in. If your not getting the production out of them theres always the trade front after all jb will be traded at some point this year Not that hard to get a 3rd line lw off other teams
He definitely dropped from where he had been the season before though. And it's not his job to score goals. But if you have him with Penner/King and Stoll instead of Gagbe, you severely decrease the scoring ability of that line, which makes it easier to focus on the top 6 only. With Gagne, that 3rd line is more of a threat and makes the opposition lessen the focus on the top 6. And Clifford could use the 4th line time after last season when his overall play worsened.

If King struggles(which neither of us will be surprised to see), there is no backup option if Gagne is gone. Lewis will already be there if Gagne is traded. So then you see Clifford or Nolan with Stoll and Lewis if King needs to move down the lineup or get demoted. Not nearly as much depth.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote