View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
If I'm speculating, it's Palmieri I'd be putting on the 1st line with Getzlaf and Perry, based on the current roster. Etem is going to need time in the AHL, where he can work on his all-around game and get used to playing against men, and when he does get some time in the NHL I'd expect him to work his way up the depth chart by starting on the 3rd line.

Unfortunately, with the roster we have now, there are definitely some questions that need to be answered. Does Holland get a shot on the 2nd line? How does he do? Does Bonino continue the progress he made late last season? How does Palmieri look, after some impressive games? What kind of progress do we see from DSP? Do Fowler and Sbisa take the next step Anaheim needs? Is Lindholm going to surprise everyone and make the team, and will Vatanen live up to the hype? There's a lot of young talent that Anaheim is going to need to perform, and consistently.

That's just the younger players. There are other questions too, such as Getzlaf bouncing back after a poor season. Hiller needing to give us an entire season of consistent play. Ryan has to show Boudreau that he deserves a line of his own. Is this the year Selanne's age catches up to him? Ditto for Koivu, who has been steadily regressing. How does Beauchemin play after his surgery? Can Souray put on his gear without ending up on IR? Does Lydman bounce back? And finally, does Boudreau learn from the mistakes of last season?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote