View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Desharnais did not start his NHL career with Pacioretty and Cole. He produced with limited minutes and limited linemates.

If he hadn't been able to produce without the benefit of good linemates he never would have been given good linemates to begin with.

But DD is a french speaking local and a small center. Perfect combo magnet for irrational knocks and doubts.
Just want to be clear...I am a fan of Desharnais's style (crafty, nice to watch...I like how he holds on the puck an extra second or two to make that nice play...confidence/talent). I just wish he wasn't 5'6 (worried about him for playoffs...can his very small frame handle bruises and can he played well while injured in playoffs? many warriors play well while injured in playoffs). For the record...I'm always rooting for the small guy (Desharnais, St-Louis, Theo Fleury, Ennis, and more...), but...if we have the chance to get bigger, why not?

Or, if there is a way to keep all our centers...maybe that's the solution but I just don't see it happening (Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Eller, Leblanc as winger/center). My prediction: in a year or two...one center will go. Eller? Desharnais? Plekanec? Leblanc? (has more value to our Habs, no? I want him to stay a long time as a Hab). We don't know...maybe Eller is the one that will go? We will then have Pleks, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Leblanc.

I see this...Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Eller (and Leblanc as winger/center for center depth in case of injuries) as the three lines that can win it for us but I could be absolutely wrong! Tough decision to make in a year or two...give $4mil/year to Desharnais? (if he continues to perform well) or package him for a 1st Rnd Pick and a solid prospect or young NHL player? (could be risky unless Eller is the real deal).

And, maybe some here want:
Desharnais, Galchenyuk, Eller, Leblanc?

Big question in a year or two for our GM:
do you go with...Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Eller, Leblanc (winger/center)...
OR
Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Leblanc?

(I just hope it's not Plekanec that is traded unless a team offers so much we cannot refuse it!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 08-19-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote