View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Beezeral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
No, no offense at all! It's just funny to hear it seeing as how I am a girl.

I don't know that any of the adult coed leagues around here allow checking. I know that one of the rinks is no checking of any kind. The leagues I play in are all non-checking so it's never come up. Of course, there is contact from time to time, but it's almost always accidental and if it's a guy hitting a girl, he feels really bad about it.

Admittedly, it is getting a little more physical and chippier in my d-league as well as the adult rookie class I attend. Last week I saw someone get pushed pretty forcefully into the boards and we were all really surprised that the ref didn't do anything about it - it was a pretty hard hit from behind, and the person who got hit was kind of slow about getting up. Our coach HAS noticed and has told us that now that everyone is getting more confident in their abilities to skate and move the puck, people are getting more competitive and we do need to stay on the right side of what is OK and what isn't.
Wait you are a girl? As long as your laces and gloves aren't pink, you can play on my line anytime (this pick up line would work so much better if I wasn't a goalie)

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote