Thread: OT: HF Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
So I was our taking a gander for some beers on Friday night and I made 2 amazing discoveries. Sometimes I like to think this is one of the perks of living in Leduc. First I was at the Safeway liquor store and much to my surprise I found 2 6-packs of Red Racer IPA sitting on the shelf and I quickly grabbed both. I was never able to get my hands on this beer before Red racer pulled out of Alberta and everyone cracked this beer up to be one of the best IPA's out there. I must say that it definitely didn't dissapoint. Probably my favorite IPA(NA IPA anyhow) to this point definitely beating out Brew Dogs Punk IPA.

Next I went to Co-Opliquor to get my girlfriend some of "her" beer and much to my surprise there was one bottle of Phillips Double Barrel sitting on the shelf. This is my ultimate favorite barrel aged beer as this beer was initially aged in bourbon barrels and then matured in Chardonnay barrels afterwards. Phillips did this as a limited release back in the fall and to my knowledge it was long out everywhere.

cfrancis have you tried Red Racer before?

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote