View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 01:08 AM
thrillhouse99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomotiv15 View Post
Either way, I can't imagine being a Midget AAA players parents and dropping $250-$300 5 times a year on new twigs. When I was playing Pee-wee AA and into high-school hockey, we mostly still had wood or easton Synergy and Synthesis sticks that lasted forever, then by the time I was playing Junior D/C we had team issue stick and team discount cards so we saved money.

Gotta feel for the 'rents that have to sauce that kinda money nowadays.
That's what I've been thinking of. A lot of talented 13 and 14 year olds parents are just regular people, mom works at safeway or whatever and dad is a contractor. How are you paying for sticks and skates with a household pre tax income of $60,000 a year?

I was pokin around that hockey monkey site a couple of days ago, seems like the new high end skates are $900 and the norm is $500, even three packs of high end sticks are $120 each. People must be spending ten grand a year for their kids to play hockey in some cases.

I never thought about it when I was a kid, but it's the kind of thing that makes you look back and say man was I lucky to have parents that could afford to pay for my activities.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote