View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 03:28 AM
puckyeah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I wouldn't be shocked to see a return to Monmouth or Belmont in 2014/15 but the near-guarantee with California's climate is an influential factor. The weather conditions in New Jersey, as we remember, were ugly the last time the event was held there.

Belmont was likely hindered because of recent past New York/NYRA political and legal matters.

Gulfstream is likely too small.

Arlington, Del Mar and others have poly which could be detrimental to their causes. I don't know if the surface is an overwhelming consideration but I'd like to see Del Mar host the event -- it would have great visuals for TV, such as Churchill under the lights, but for different imagery.

Pimlico maybe lacks the mustard in the eyes of those who matter.

http://www.drf.com/news/breeders-cup...ost-2013-event
Not only does Del Mar have Poly, which i cant imagine the BC will embrace, but their turf course is too small. Too many horses get blocked and never get clear down there, just doesnt seem like enough room. They will have to convert back to dirt and widen the turf course to have any shot.

Then again, with all that said, there is a former Del Mar higher up who's working with the Breeders Cup...so, they possibly have some sort of 'in'.