View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Here's the latest top 50 D Men according to HF: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1247437

Here's the top 10:

#1 - Shea Weber
#2 - Zdeno Chara
#3 - Erik Karlsson
#4 - Alex Pietrangelo
#5 - Ryan Suter
#6 - Nicklas Lidstrom (retired)
#7 - Kris Letang
#8 - Drew Doughty
#9 - Duncan Keith
#10 - Keith Yandle

So with your thinking, these guys aren't number 1 DMen:

#11 - Dan Boyle
#12 - Alexander Edler
#13 - Brent Seabrook
#14 - Brian Campbell
#15 - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
#16 - Tobias Enstrom
#17 - Ryan McDonagh
#18 - Kimmo Timonen
#19 - Dan Girardi
#20 - Erik Johnson
#21 - Marc Staal
#22 - Brent Burns
#23 - Niklas Kronwall
#24 - Dan Hamhuis
#25 - Dion Phaneuf
#26 - Mike Green
#27 - Mark Streit
#28 - P.K. Subban
#29 - Tyler Myers
#30 - Jack Johnson

Really?
The bolded are the ones that I do not think are legit #1's. Some of those players I love and watch alot.

Boyle and Yandle are 2 of my favorite players NOT on the Ducks but I dont think they are #1's. I hate Doughty and Weber and Letang but I think they are #1's.

It is just my opinion, and I'm not saying you should ahve the same 1 but to me, a #1 needs to be a player that can be out there every part of the game and dominate, OR has to dominate the offensive side while not being a detriment on the defensive side.

That is the difference between Visnovsky from 2011 and Karlsson. Vis frequently was a disaster in his own end. I have never seen that from Karlsson, even though I'm sure it happens some.

The players in red are the players that I think will be #1's with age or something else. I think Green will be a #1 if he can have even close to the offensive threat he had years ago and play the defense that he plays now.

I realize that I just pissed off the fan bases of 20 teams by saying their best defender is not a #1 but this is how I feel. Sorry if you disagree.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote