This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle
Legwand
Shishkanov
Brookbank
3rd rounder

= Obviously the offense and potential coming our way seals this deal. Legwand will be a player in this league in the near future he would definitely seal our situation at center and perhaps allow us to run 3 scoring lines. Shishkanov is an intriguing prospect with game breaking upside but i think he could turn out be a Samsonov or an Afiinogenov...the skills are in the bag but whether they can translate to immediate success at the NHL level remains to be seen. Brookbank could probably crack our blueline as a #6 and he would fill the role of enforcer for the departed Laraque. The third rounder just balances everything out.
I think the Nashville passes. Legwand is our highest draft pick, ever, and he is performing quite well. He is young and is a non-problem, like Comrie. We do not need Laraque as we already have Brookbank, McKenzie, and a slew of other tough guys that are willing to drop the gloves if needed. Also, we do not need Smith. Our blueline is loaded. In fact, we had so many defensemen that we just traded Tomas Kloucek for two prospects, so that we would not have to put him on waivers. Timofei, from all appearnaces so far, is putting everything together. He started out slow, but has just become on fire for the Admirals this year. Also, Legwand, IMO, has higher trade value than Comrie, and he is the only player that the Predators would want in this deal. With that in mind, a respective no.