View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 01:01 PM
  #256
seanont
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post

A question I haven't seen asked in this thread: what's the downside to waiting until after next season to extend DD? The risks are either, his production continues to increase to the point where his pricetag increases substantially, or the next CBA is so player-friendly that salaries increase substantially across the board. IMO neither is likely.
Good question, I guess if we wait and he gets 80 points his price tag will be huge and probably not worth it. If we can lock him up now for cheap he is worth it. When we were on the rise a few years back we never locked anyone up and they had big years and priced us out, guys like streit, sourray,ect could have been bargains but we lost them and over paid for guys like Pleks,Andrea K, ect .

With a lock out looming and with DD never having a big pay day he might be willing to sign cheaper with a big cash signing bonus he can pocket now.

seanont is offline   Reply With Quote