View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Densin219

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
That's because he's got his thinking wrong.

He's spending $3M on fringe players like Samuelsson who can be replaced by $800,000 players.

He went out and spent a first rounder and then almost $4M on a guy like Quincey who isn't markedly better than Kindl at his minimal price.

And yet he wants to get deals on Parise and Hossa and Zetterberg and Franzen.
I have to agree with CB this time (although I rarely do). Holland should have made a stronger push for Parise and Suter (even if it means we have to overpay for them). We have lost Lidstrom and Stuart already from a roster that is obviously inadequate to win the cup, and we obviously need a top forward to play with datsyuk. Yet, we only offered something that is easily matched or topped by others (Holland knew we didn't have to "play for your home team" advantage). C'mon, we are fighting for 2 FAs that we knew can have a huge impact on our chance for another championship!!! It's just pathetic. All the talk about improving the team this offseason, making a big splash in the FA market etc. is complete bs in retrospect. I didn't like the samuelsson signing because he's just gonna be another Hudler. Quincey will not be able to effectively replace Stuart. He can make some good plays sometimes, but he's not consistent enough and too many dumb penalties. Ericsson, I see good is his game, but when he sign the extension, it was definitely an overpayment. I hope his game will be even better this coming season.

Densin219 is offline   Reply With Quote