View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Those big market teams are succeeding because of Gary Bettman? Seriously?

If anything, his legacy (besides the cancelled 2004-2005 season) will be stupid expansions and helping send the NHL's smaller market teams to the poorhouse.

Hes trying to fix that this time around by (surprise!) trying to screw the players.
absolutely.

The Rangers payroll was 77 mil in 03-04...their franchise was valued at about 282mil that year.

Last year our payroll was less than that even with Drurys buyout & Reddens salary buried in Hartford. AND the franchise value is over 507 million as of now.

heres a great read:
http://www.davemanuel.com/nhl-franch...5-lockout-135/

All the lower end teams are still losing money, but the bigger franchise are all producing record profits despite the economy suffering through a pretty nasty recession during the post-lockout term that we are in now.

how many businesses have grown to this extent during that time? im a business owner, my business has suffered tremendously. rising costs, lower customer base, lower price/order....my sales have stayed somewhat steady, my overall cost has skyrocketed. higher gas prices make everything more expensive.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote