View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
I blame the Oilers recent slump on Bill Moores' mustache.

Get over it people. The last 3 games, the Oilers should have won. They've dominated but they are not getting breaks. Mike Keenan taking over would not make the puck go in the net more. Please.
Good teams make their own breaks, mediocre teams wait for the breaks to come their way.

While I don't think firing MacT would be a magic cure-all for this team, I do think it's coming to the point that his job could be in jeopardy if this thing drags on much longer. He's been here a while now, there is a chance that the players are starting to lose interest in his words of wisdom. I imagine the owners of this team were none too pleased to see the Oilers booed off the ice rather loudly, to the point that even the star selections were getting bronx cheers, especially on one of their PPVs. Lowe may not want to do anything drastic, but that choice may be taken out of his hands if he isn't careful.

While it's true that it's not the coach's fault if a player screws up a defensive assignment or his goalie fails to cover up a rebound or the guys on his PP show the imagination of a piece of lint...the rumblings I keep hearing seem to point towards a dressing room that isn't pulling in the same direction, and that IS the coach's domain. If he can't fix it, then someone else will have to...whether it's Lowe getting rid of the players that won't fall into step, or finding someone else to do the talking.

Lose to Pittsburgh this saturday, and watch it all hit the fan with a big SPLAT.