View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 06:37 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Semenov

Now, I think all this talk about the Oilers sucking and not being able to win every again is purely stupid. I also think that it is complete nonsence to talk about how MacT has lost the dressing room and all the players want out of his "reign"(I forget who called it that, but I had a good chuckle at that).
However, I do think MacT is a bit of a goof. Look at the way he's used/handled Semi! I mean last night we had a minutes and 40 second two man advantage. You have a defensman with the hardest shot in the NHL. HE DOESN'T EVEN SEE THE ICE!!!! INSTEAD HE PUTS Staios THERE! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of having Staios on the point for the powerplay. The guy is great and deserves the powerplay time. BUT why the hell wasn't Semenov on the blueliner getting fed passes from Hemsky/Oates/York with Smyth screening the goalie?!?!?!? I mean it's SOO bloody simple (although some of you will give me the "running a powerplay isn't easy at that level, it's more complicated then just doing this blah blah blah).
Now I'm not one of those idiots who screams shot 3 seconds into the powerplay after one pass. I hate that. You have to take your time to get a high % chance. But when you have a 5 on 3 it's very common for a team to fall back and say go ahead and take outside shots. If that's the case - somebody with a shot like Semenov should be out there absolutely blasting it.