Old
08-20-2012, 04:14 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post

To be a bit less glib about it - what's the point of bringing that up for the umpteenth time? The writing is on the wall, Luongo and the Canucks are moving on and that's what this discussion is about. Sure if he starts the season here and proceeds to massively outperforms Cory Schneider then he may end up in a Canucks jersey for longer than most anticipate but IMO it would simply be delaying the inevitable.
Well I'm all about wanting to see the best team on the ice and wanting to win a Stanley cup. I couldn't give a crap about the media, and I can check my bias at the door when it comes to players I like and players I don't. I accept that we are built around playoff flake forwards. I'm not suggesting a full blown rebuild, I'm suggesting working with what we have, and adding pieces that help this team win a cup. As such, we need to address our lousy offense. If Luongo comes back on fire and you can get an impact forward for Schneider then it makes sense to make that move to win a Cup.

If you don't make moves with the Stanley Cup in your mind, then what the hell are you doing?