View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
No one player is going to realistically address this team's scoring issues. I think it's systemic.

Their focus is getting into the zone, but not breaking a collapsing D down once there. That's not easily resolved.

Opendoor made a point about the 5th and 6th top6 forwards not producing the PPG required. The Sedins, Kesler and Burrows are doing their part, but they need 2 more. I think those 2 can be found here.

Consider AMEX was split apart for the playoffs. Higgins was on the 3rd line. Booth also had no playoff experience to that point. So you have an unknown in Booth, and chemistry that was actively squandered. Perhaps keeping them together will yield much better results.

Some have also mentioned that we have roughly 6 top6 wingers. How many teams can say that? Kassian is also looking to make his mark. And while others have already dismissed Schroeder - I put him in the Hodgson category: A smaller skilled player likely to take advantage of softer matchups. People were ready to run with him here in the playoffs, so why the hate for Schroeder? It's not like Hodgson was much more physical...

It comes down to will. I think the pieces are already here - far more than most other teams can claim. So it comes down to willfully attacking a collapsing defense. That's it. You can add piece after piece, but it's not going to make a lick of difference if the players here aren't willing to pay the price to win.