View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Hamilton Tigers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqib View Post
Well its possible that the Leafs would take less money if it was Hamilton vs Markham. Assuming they had any actual say in the matter. I am not sure how much the Sabres would demand. I am just speculating. If I was the Leafs I would rather have a team in Hamilton in a refurbished Copps than to see a new arena rise in Markham.
Being eternally hopeful about Hamilton's NHL chances, I like recalling theories that mention the teachers pension fund exploiting the fact that there is value in indemnification and that this is one reason they sold to Bell/Rogers when they did.

So the same could be said of the Sabres who not only have a deep pocketed owner, but a STH waiting list of thousands. Hopefully, they might look kindly on getting in on some sort of indemnification if they feel their franchise is strong.

If this is the sentiment, then it makes sense for MLSE, in the case of inevitable southern Ontario relocation/expansion, to support Hamilton, rather than any other situation that would create competition through the construction of a new state of the art arena.

Hamilton Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote