View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
billvanseattle

vCash: 500
I am one of the optomists who think the situation is just fine ... wait until something of value pops up for Luongo, and there is no rush, since I doubt there will be hockey before christmas ...

We are a favored team to win the division, a good shot at the conference, so why is there any worry if we have Luongo until the trade deadline. If Schneids craps the bed or gets injured, we will be bloody happy we have Luongo - though Lack may be a tad pissed.

Once Kes comes back ... which really looks like it will be before the season starts in Dec ...

Sedins Burrows
Booth Kes Higgins
Jensen Schroeder Kassian
(I really think a 3rd line of speed youth and vigor getting slightly softer minutes could really excel this year, yes I know thats 2 RW's)
Raymond Lapierre Hansen

with the idea that at some point before the trade deadline we move Luongo for a important piece ....

Or

Sedins burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Hansen Schroeder Jensen (I also think this line could excel)
Higgins Lapierre Raymond

Lets face it Kassian could be 2nd, 3rd or 4th line material; we have no idea what this year, and Higgins Hansen and Raymond are all 2nd 3rd line tweeners, assuming Raymond comes back a bit this year (if not, he is gone after this year). But we have at least 15 legit forwards fighting for 12 spots, since Maholtra, Weise, Volpati and Ebbett should be included ....

We have a ton of depth, yes it would be nice to get an upgrade on the top 6 but we can wait months to do that.