Thread: Rank the Oilers
View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 06:57 AM
H-Bear

vCash: 500
Well, roster players have been covered fairly effectively here, so I'll give a shot at out top 10 prospects (not including the ones on the roster now).
  1. JDD - Not one other goalie prospect in the system worth mentioning. Losing this guy would not be good.
  2. Alexei Mikhnov - I've got a wonderful feeling about this guy. I think he will be one of our best players one day; just a hunch.
  3. Matthew Greene - A defense prospect with a mean streak.
  4. Jesse Niinimaki - The kid has got some very nice skills.
  5. Pouliot - Makes in ahead of Rita simply because of the depth at LW on the big club.
  6. Rita - LW depth is barrying this guy. Losing him would not be so bad.
  7. Colin McDonald - His Talent Analysis from HF sounds way too much like a young Smyth: "Strengths: Good physical skills and a great shot. He is effective down low and in the corners., goes hard to the net and brings consistency to thr table. He will play at Providence College in 2003-2004. Weaknesses : Not blessed with a lot of natural talent, McDonald gets alot of points through hard work and opportunistic play. Coming out of the EJHL will probably mean some transistion time in College and he might not have an immediate impact with the Friars . What they are saying : " Big strong, htper-aggresive kid. Plays a mean , chippy, borderline dirty game and dominates down low, he owns walls and corners. Does not have a sniper's natural scoring touch around the net ""
  8. Brodziak - High scoring from the right wing is not something we have a lot of. He makes the jump up the list based on lack of depth on the RW.
  9. Doug Lynch - Good D prospect, but certainly not exceptional.
  10. Dan Buam - The organizations only agitator makes a huge jump up the list. I can't wait to watch this guy give Marcy Ducker a taste of his own medicine.