View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Sawdalite
SelectLouNolan4PFHoF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Ah, the man everyone hates but secretly wishes was on their team.. Yeah he's a dick on the ice but you can tell he's a good guy.. He was very fair to the Devils after our series, giving us credit and giving Marty respect

I'm undecided on this.. He did a fantastic job getting space on the PP so that the good Flyers passing (namely Giroux) could thread him the puck.. But he really can't skate and I really didn't think much of him (skill wise) before last season.. I'd say if he keeps up his play then this is a good deal, but if he can't keep his mojo then ouch that's a lotta cap imo

While last season may have been his best point-wise, it certainly was no aberration from how he's played in that past... Jagr and Giroux was a major factor, but Harnell has made every line he was on as a Flyer a better one... Hartnell is Harnell, with all his faults and in all his glory... He was with cater and Lupul and they were on a torrid pace for a while until Lupul got injured and he was with Briere and Leino when they had that great run in the Cup Final season and the next full season... I don't see it as mere coincidence that every hot Flyers line that is more than a fash in the pan has him firmly at wing.

Hartnell may never get high 30s goals again... yet he may get 40+... no matter, he will play his game and what you saw last season was basically his game. That said I have seen him add to it and improve with age and smarts. He is a crease crashing dirty power-forward with decent hands and can get dirty goals... He is a team player and does whatever he believes he must do... and I believe he has limited his bad judgement occasions and his trips to the box.

... As long as he continues to play his game, I'm happy with his Cap hit.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote