View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 09:17 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWShark View Post
Sorry but I didn't miss the point. I would rather be thin at forward than D.
It's not thin at forward vs. thin at d, though. It's having an overabundance of defencemen against having a terrible bottom 6. Having an overpriced 7th defenseman is NOT as important as having a competent 3rd line, which we currently do not have. They're not good offensively, not especially fast, and not a shutdown line. They just aren't very good. If a team can trade a 7th defenseman to improve that situation they'll do it almost every time. I wasn't saying Hannan is a must, but I think dealing Murray (or one of Braun/Demers) to improve our forwards is becoming increasingly necessary.

You mentioned if we trade Murray, then have an injury then we'd have Hannan/Pelech/Vandy etc. in the lineup, which isn't the worst thing ever. What if one of our top 9 gets hurt, or worse someone from our top 6 (Havlat)? What if Handzus continues his terrible play? What if Wingels has a Demers-like regression? What if Galiardi just is what he has been the last 2 years instead of the guy we faced in the playoffs? Is Sheppard alive? We have way more questions on the offensive side, and are 1 injury away from catastrophe, rather than a Hannan type player playing 6th d minutes.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote