Thread: Confirmed with Link: Mike Fisher signs 2 yr/$8.4 mil extension!
View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Broom of the System

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
Olli Jokinen scored more points than Fisher last year and has a VERY strong 2 way game as well. To boot he has 89, 91, and 71pts seasons under his belt. So he got 4.5 in this market. so when you compare that to Fishers 4.2 its very even, if Fisher got any more yes it would be an over payment. Its pretty simple really.....
Well, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I watched Olli Jokinen play many many games last year, my best friend is a Calgary fan and we watch Flames games all the time. Jokinen is maybe slightly better than Fisher offensively, of course, playing with Iginla never hurts your stats. He is, however, nowhere near as good defensively, and he certainly doesn't have a very strong two way game. On his very best nights, he's slightly above average defensively. Anyway, this thread is about Fisher let's get back on topic.

Totally off topic: Sorry to sound like a grammar Nazi, but an eliipsis has three dots (...), it's a pet peeve of mine to see all of those periods at the end of the sentence.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote