Thread: Speculation: Jets history to re-unite
View Single Post
Old
08-20-2012, 10:06 PM
EpicGingy

vCash: 2192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Hey, I understand everyones side on this topic of v1.0 and 2.0 and being there etc...I still have boxes of WHA stuff from Maroons Road and NHL stuff so I get it.
Just remember where you heard it, also remember the Gund brothers who merged the Cleveland Barons with the North Stars, it has presidence (twice for that franchise).

So don't be suprised if you hear a merger tied to TNSE ownership and a relocate splitting the Coyotes into Jets 2.0 and Waxers 1.0 or Nordiques 2.0 whatever version you want, it is possible that it could be coming sooner rather than later.
Are you honestly being serious? TNSE has no stake in acquiring the Coyotes anymore, they have no actual need to buy the team and merge half the players before shipping off the team somewhere else.

That would be a completely different situation, even if they would buy two teams, and the ownership was approved, they would automatically become hated for handicapping a good team to benefit their other team by whatever city they moved a team to. The North Stars and Barons merged into one team, and I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) both the Barons and the North Stars were having problems.

And the NHL wouldn't want to contract, so if that was TNSE's plan to get Coyotes players, however INCREDIBLY unlikely that is, the BoG wouldn't approve the sale, and it would sure as hell piss off the PA, as if the owners need to get the players riled up about something else.

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote