View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 08:09 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Kindly elaborate- I don't see Strome even having the same kind of AHL season that Cizikas just had...think about the seasoning Casey has had- that extra year of development is huge at this point.

I think you are severely underestimating CC's abilities, and perhaps looking at RS's overtime goal a little too closely here.
I honestly put almost zero stock in AHL numbers. If AHL success meant anything guys like Tambellini and Papineau would have been NHL All-Stars. I respect that Cizikas had a productive year in Bridgeport, but from what I've seen from him I just don't see him becoming much more than a solid 3rd line center who could pot 30 or 40 points in a good year.

If he were to start next season as our 2nd line center I'm pretty confident that we will be one of the fewest scoring teams in the league. He lacks the offensive creativity that Strome brings to the game, and wouldn't get a quarter of the production out of Bailey and Okposo that Strome would(assuming those two are our 2nd line wingers).

The overtime goal literally has nothing to do with my opinion of Strome as far as this coming season goes. Once I realized the Islanders weren't bringing in a true 2nd line center, my assumption was that Strome will get every opportunity to win the job in camp(and I expect him to).

Nothing against CC. I've said numerous times on this board that I really like his game and see him being a part of the future here, but I don't expect him to ever produce 2nd-line caliber offense, much less produce at that level in 2012-13. I would love to be wrong about him, and will gladly eat crow if it comes to it, but I just don't see it happening.

As far as Strome goes, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him become an impact player out of the gate. Especially if Bailey and Okposo are both ready to elevate their respective games.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote