View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 09:02 AM
bidzey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
I think you are over-stating that careers and lives would be ruined. What would happen if there was let's say a 6 month work stoppage in junior hockey?

NHL teams would end up taking more flyers on kids they have less knowledge on? Some kids that would have been drafted would be free agents? Sounds like the OHL draft where people "sympathize" with draft favours by claiming free agents just have to work harder and would have their pick of which team to go to. Here's a thought, perhaps the NHL pushes that draft class out a year? Who does that hurt?

P.S. You don't think that if there were a CHL work stoppage the Tier 2 leagues on down wouldn't become more "popular?" Where there's a will there's a way. The junior players in my mind are in a much better situation that the ageing pro who loses a year of pro hockey in that income is lost forever and skills are diminished when age is catching up to them. Junior aged players don't have to worry about age-related regression.
we could speculate different senarios all day I guess, I just think this is a really bad idea, very bad. Those kids have all the support they need, and the league in a overall general sense have been taking good care of them.

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote