View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 07:27 AM
TrueBlue4life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
It was just a joke... referring to Anna Kournikova (being 23?) and having the same name (Anna).

Where in Europe did you live/grow up? I was born in NJ in '79 and moved to Paris, France, for ten years, and that's actually where I started liking hockey. I moved back here in '90 also (June), and picked up NHL hockey because my uncle wanted to bring me to a Devils game (vs LA, to see Gretzky). I didn't get SportsChannel (which is now FSNY) at the time, so I had to watch something, and MSG was the next channel down. The rest, as they say... well you get the point.
I grew up in Poland. The only hockey they showed there was the Oilers games and then the Canada Cups. So I was a huge fan of Mess and Wayne and then it was kind of cool how Messier became a Ranger about the same time I moved here. It was funny, I didnt speak any English or anthing and one night I turn on the TV and I see a hockey game, and i see Messier in a Rangers jersey and i was like huh, so then i found out from my step dad that mess had been traded here, lol i was so excited. From then on, it was all about the Rangers.
I think i learned to speak english watching the Rangers