Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Macster

vCash: 500
Hey folks, been a while. I thought I'd pop in with some quick draft thoughts.

I went to games three and four of the Canada/Russia Challenge, and I'm a Mooseheads season ticket holder.

1- In terms of the C/R challenge, Monahan was fantastic. He was one of the more noticeable players out there, very creative offensively. He's got the body to go with the skill.

2- You could see the skill that Shinkaruk possesses, he can do almost anything with the puck. He's undersized, but reminds me of Tyler Ennis in Buffalo.

3- Nate MacKinnon will be the first overall pick, and Halifax bias aside, Columbus would be changed overnight if they were able to grab him. He's a high-end playmaker with a nose for the net.

4- Halifax has two other players who should go high in next year's draft- goalie Zach Fucale and winger Jonathan Drouin. All three were huge contributors to Canada's recent win at the Ivan Hlinka. By drafting Dansk and Korpisalo in June, it's unlikely Columbus would be targetting Fucale, but Drouin may be a good mid-to-late first round option especially if the Jackets are able to draft MacKinnon earlier in the round.

5- There are three players to keep your eye on with the Quebec Remparts this season, all 2013 eligible- Anthony Duclair, Adam Erne and Nick Sorensen. There's a chance that all three could crack the first round, along with the three Mooseheads. Given the Q's recent track record at the QMJHL draft this is highly unlikely, but the six players I mentioned are all first round talents.

6- Max Domi and Curtis Lazar are two players I've been able to watch a couple of times, and they are certainly guys to keep an eye on.