View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 12:41 PM
TrueBlue86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomotiv15 View Post
As a newer skater I strongly recommend the rookie league at the Ice park, or what used to be called Brookside arena just off of Adelaide and Thompson street. I helped coach the weekly practices for it last winter. It's mostly guys who have started in the last year, to guys who have been playing for about 3 years. It seems to really help with the development of skills and for the feel of the game for even some people who have started skating as late as their late 50's, there is even an older woman (Around 60) whos been playing for 5-6 years and isn't too bad at all.

You can find more info on it here: http://london-ice-park.ezleagues.ezf...ie-League.aspx
That link will take you to the Ice park site and you can look through leagues, etc... for more information.

Gadzigs 3-on-3 power skating and hockey skills are good, as is total package, but you'll get the best, true feel of the game in the 5-on-5 format of the rookie league at the LIP.

Hope I helped.
thanks, that's great

i just called and the guy said they'll be running it on friday nights again this year, which works for me

i think i'll go with that league, with maybe some shinny/skating one other day a week

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote