View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
vadim sharifijanov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I'd say the value is fair and comparable - Hartnell and Fisher signing for around that cap hit can only be good for our negotiations, IMO. If we get Burr for around $4.5m, I'll be ecstatic.
i think hartnell's deal was great. but i fear that it'll be very easy for burrows' agent to point to fisher and say, my guy is worth at least a million per more than him. not only has burrows been the more consistent offensive producer since his break out, he also has demonstrated a higher ceiling (with ideal linemates).

but i think furthermore, fisher was realistically never going to anywhere else due to family reasons. i saw the headline and thought, "yikes, nashville's low ball number for him was $4.2 million?"

to the point of view of burrows' agent, fisher took a hometown discount and STILL clocks in a $4.2 per. i think burrows' negotiating position is the opposite. he obviously wants to stay, but he took such a huge discount last time and has a financial incentive to cash in on a huge retirement deal. he is also so important to the team and fanbase that they can't afford to lose him. with the leverage that fisher didn't have, i can see burrows' agent putting $5.5 mill/6 on the table and MG having to accept.