View Single Post
Old
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsurd
Re the stick across markov's face: Almost beyond belief isn't it ! How 2 referees and 2 linesmen can miss that is ........... simply embarrassing to the NHL...at least it should be.

Though I guess we should be gratefull that they actually had the balls to reverse that Car goal late in the 2nd....even though it should've been dissallowed.

Another poster pointed out that on the 3rd Car goal, another Car forward was in the crease w both skates Before the puck was shot back into the crease/net..I can't remem the rule on that but they've been ignoring most crease infractions all season. Too bad they don't follow their own rulebook.
I thought after that goal by Ottawa when Theo had Vermette BEHIND him, the league was "going to take steps" to protect the goalies.

The rule is quite simple and does not have to be taken to the ridiculous extremes of a few years ago. The puck must precede the player into the crease. Contact with the goalie is not allowed unless it was caused by the defender pushing him in there. There are two refs out there. How did they screw up something so simple

If the refs are not sure, it should be reviewable just like putting a puck in the net.