View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 03:20 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Oh yes, well said, I agree with most of this. I think the lesson here is that there is value to be found in players with one obvious weakness (in these cases, size) who nevertheless have success at every level while developing. DD definitely has value, and it appears as though you agree that it is unreasonable to expect him to reach St-Louis' level of production.

This part I disagree with. In 2000-01 the bias against small players was even more extreme than it is now. I think it's a safe assumption that St-Louis was under-used because the coach didn't yet believe quite how useful this tiny player could be. Anyway, my point was that comparing DD and MSL's point production in their 25 year old seasons isn't quite comparing apples to apples. Given DD's 18min per game, 25 year old MSL outscores 25 year old MSL.
The difference between 15 minutes a game and 18 minutes a game is only 20%.

His 40 points would have gone to 48 points. It's less of a jump afterwards, but he still grew substantially.

Admittedly I'm not sure what type of minutes those were and who his linemates were.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote