Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Taylor Hall signs seven year extension, $6m per
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 02:23 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneGretzky View Post
Are you suggesting that Tavares would have been ok if Ladi Smid jumped on his head while wearing skates?
Out of all my posts in this thread, you single out that one point to focus on? I came in here to discuss the possible details of his 2nd contract and that post was in response to another poster's point comparing Hall to Tavares. Take offense all you want, I'm here to discuss more pertinent matters.

And yes, durability is an issue in Hall's case. While that incident was unfortunate and a complete fluke, Hall has missed almost 40 games the last 2 years while Tavares has missed a grand total of 3 in 3 years. Like it or not, that's a fact.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get back on topic, I suspect that when Hall signs his new contract, Eberle will be following suit with something very similar. If Hall and Eberle continue their progression as expected, 6x6 would be excellent moves to set the Oilers up for a little while. I also think it's very likely to see RNH signing something very similar at this time next year. That's a lot of money to tie up into 3 players, but it would not surprise me at all to see all of them exceed their contracts in their play on the ice.

I do have a questions though, is it likely that these contracts be frontloaded or backloaded? I've heard that Katz has deep pockets, but similar to the Isles - they are still working on a new home to play in.