View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 04:00 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
actually is does as it was the Question I asked : UNDRAFTED, 25 years old in their first full season, at least one 70+ season...

since a lot of you seems to be so sure he'll keep developping some more, that he'll keep improving a whole lot...

and while you seems to think it's so damn easy, you managed zero that fits the criteria in your list...

the closest you found is Borrows who had one 60 pts season...

so, to my Q : undrafted, 25 yo in first full season, at least one 70+ pts season we're back to Jean Beliveau -> approx. 60 years ago...

and yet people are so sure he'll keep improving, some here even think he'll be a PPG soon... huh, based on what?

yeah, it's possible it happens, could even happen next season... but "being sure of it" ? come on now...
Thats a silly argument, sorry. Why would I need to find players that fit your criterias to prove that a player can improve after he's 25 years old. And again undrafted or draft rank means absolutely nothing, Desharnais would have been a first rounder if scouts did not get scared of his height and knew what he could do. Not long ago there were 9 draft rounds, Desharnais would have been drafted then.

Why must he have made the NHL at 25? Why not 24? Desharnais was in the NHL at 24 and there was no question of him going back to the AHL then. Is 23 years old much different than 25?

And why 70 points? Why not 63? Why not 35 goals?

You set multiple arbitrary factors and ask me to find players that fit them. What does it prove? Martin St Louis fits all your criterias. Adam Oates does too, you might have heard of him. And Dan Boyle, whom I mentionned before. He didn't score 70 points, but being a defensemen and scoring 50 to 60 points every year is pretty good I think.

If we widen the selection to ''players who made the NHL after 23 and became good/elite players later in their career'' I'm sure we can produce a healthy list.

Determined players that are willing to get better usually do so within their first few years of joining a league and Desharnais is the perfect example of that.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote