View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 07:59 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Well, I dont know if Peca is suited to be a top 6 guy , & as I said in another post;
"Mike Fisher is almost a mirror image of Peca (though he is injury prone).
I cannot see the Sens giving up anything signifigant to get a piece of a puzzle they already kinda have."
Fair point...Fisher is a poor man's Peca. The Sens have really missed Fisher so far this year - he is generally the hardes working Senator on most nights. He does seem to miss 20-30 games each year, though.

It seems as though a Peca for Bonk trade has drawn mixed reviews from fans of both teams which suggests to me it's fair. The Sens are deep at centre with Spezza, Smolinski, Fisher, White (who I would much rather trade then Bonk) and Bonk...but who on the Sens could win a key defensive zone faceoff in overtime of a playoff game? Peca is still playing 19 minutes a game this year and I think would be a perfect fit on the second line. He is a premiere penalty killer and shutdown guy. Bonk is very good on the power play and is a good defensive centre. I like it from a Sens point of view but not everyone agrees. There is a definite tradeoff there. Should be interesting to see where the talk on this goes in the next few days.