Old
08-21-2012, 08:45 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Hard to know where these guys fall.

Is Wheeler going to be a consistent 65++ pt player (20+g/45+a) or more? Or is he a consistent 50+ pt player (15+g/35+a) or less? I wouldn't pay him as much as Kane, right now - as Kane appears to be a goal scorer. To me, he'd be slighty under $5 mill/yr, right now. Maybe a $24 mill/5 yr deal. But if he scores 70+ pts (with 20+ goals) this year, he'll be seen as a consistent point producer and should get between $5.5 and $6 mill on a long-term deal.

Kane is an emerging goal scoring, power forward. I think his value is very high in today's NHL. His age, 30 g, and consistent improvement likely makes him a $5+ mill/yr player. I would be very surprised if TNSE can sign him under $30 mill/6 yrs. The signing stall is likely Kane wanting $32+ mill and TNSE offering $28+ mill. Each side is waiting for the other to blink. I think Kane waits it out and TNSE signs him to just over $30 mill.

Little is a tough one. He has the ability to be a 55+ pt scorer (25+g/30a), but hasn't put it consistently together just yet. I'd be inclined to give him a deal in the $17 mill/4 yr range, as i think he'll push for between 20 and 30 goals each year.
Good post Bob you left out Bogosian.....thoughts?

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote