View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Thekidline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
That's a great rotation. If Garcia keeps this up, we have 3 guys that can legitimately shut down the opposition on any given night, Waino, Lohse, Garcia, and 2 guys that have been steady all year and give you a chance to win. I like that a lot. I think that rotation will be the reason the Cards pass the Pirates. If the Cards get in, it's going to be tough to beat this team in a 5 or 7 game series if the bullpen holds up.
Agreed, this pitching staff is really coming together at the perfect time....

With westbrook's extension signed today that leaves our rotation for next year looking something like

Waino
Carpenter (if healthy)
Garcia
Lynn
Westbrook

Others:
Lohse (FA)
Joe Kelly
Shelby Miller
Carlos Martinez

How do you see it shaping up?

The lohse situation is intriguing to me because he has put together two solid years in a row but will be 34 at the beginning of next season and with westbrook resigned there is no clear cut spot for him in the rotation......

I wouldn't mind putting kelly in the bullpen for a year similar to what we did with waino.

As for Shelby Miller I believe he will start 2013 in the AAA rotation but will at some point be ready for the big leagues before the all-star break....

Other pitching prospects such as Martinez Rosenthal Gast Wacha and Jenkins all will need more time in the minors but may make solid pushes for a MLB roster spot in the next year or two.