Thread: Rumor: You are shopping D?
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 09:16 PM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
CapGeek has the Wild at about $1.3M under the cap ... I could see them making some sort of trade well before the deadline.
Yeah therein kinda lies the problem with it being Martin. They're pretty close to the cap, and outside of it being Dany Heatley (who if Martin was involved we could afford at this point) they wouldn't be able to fit Martin into their pay structure and leave some wiggle room.

I really, honestly think at this point with the Pens, the most likely target from the Wild is not Setoguchi, it's Heatley. We have the cap space to take him on (especially if Martin was involved which he would be I think just based on talent levels), and it's only a two year deal, meaning Letang's and Malkin's extensions would not be affected. We'd have to add some to Martin obviously, but I think that's the deal to be made.

My thought process I guess was something like Martin and Maatta/Harrington for Heatley. That clears out some cap space for the Wild, gives them a position of need at top 4 D, and gives them another D prospect to bring along because after Brodin I believe their cupboard is pretty bare (depending on your opinion of Tyler Cuma). The Pens get their winger for Sid. It's not perfect. Heatley needs to rebound a little. Martin needs to rebound from the Wild's end. But I think that's pretty fair right now...

Last edited by vecens24: 08-21-2012 at 09:27 PM.
vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote