View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 11:03 PM
SunshineRays

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
Bjugstad or bust.
In all seriousness, they're both fantastic young players, but I just think Bjugstad has the more unique skill set.
Ya, I do as well, although similar to Gaunce. I think Nucks are lacking centre prospects, particularity one that could make the roster this yr or next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I question Bjugstad's ability to play up to his size, and his ultimate upside. I don't see a mean streak in him. And it could be very important. That will to punish opponents. If Taylor Pyatt had an ounce of that...

Gudbranson has it. And while he may be struggling to find his way now, by the end, he should be a force. They're both great, but if I had a choice, Gudbranson would be the ticket. He will do everything he can to become better... That's internal drive few players have.
Canucks def don't have a Guds 'type' d-man in the system (big/mean). But they have a ton of d prospects who will be pushing for roster spots soon. Tanev this yr, Connauton and Corrado next yr. Price the yr after. And their top 4 roster spots are under contract for next 5 yr-6 yrs (assuming Edler resigns). There isn't a lot of room on the back end next few yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
As much as I like Bjugstad, Gudbranson would be the guy I would take everytime between the two. Our back end needs more bite, especially in the top 4.
I also think it needs more bite. But I can't see Guds playing in the top 4 this coming season. He'd be playing sheltered and limited minutes, unless he vastly improves. But seeing him and Kassian out there with the Sedins would give the 'Marchands' of hockey something to think about.