View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 11:03 PM
SCBruCrew4

vCash: 500
As a new player I have stuck to my own philosophy of playing with people who are on the same level or higher than me. It can only make me better even if I don't get tips from the better players. You will NEVER become better if you play against/with people at a lower level than you.

Now at my last pick-up game there was a good group of great players and new players. I was somewhere in the middle. I was however was however getting "picked on" by what I would say was the best player there. (he enjoyed deking me out of my jock) but I tried constantly to stay with him and get the puck off his stick. At one poin the most experienced person on my team started yelling from the bench, as I was covering this player, what to do and where to position myself. I listened and eventually was able to poke check the puck off his stick and actually get a nice breakout from it as well.

Moral of the story is someone on my team saw that I was trying my best and putting forth my best effort and even though I never asked for it, I got some well guided advice. I appreciated it and continued to work hard.

Me personally I'd rather have competition than to go into a game knowing it'll be a cake walk and I don't have to try hard to accomplish anything. I enjoy competition.

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote