Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2012, 11:29 PM
georgiabluejacket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
That system sucks. Are we really to believe that if the season was played, the Kings or Rangers or any of the other first 18 would finish 5th or worse? Just another power grab by the power teams.

A more equitable solution in my mind would be to do three drawings - one for each group listed above. With each group weighted based on last season or the last three.

Clearly teams like the Jackets, Toronto, Montreal, the Isles & even Edmonton need the help a lot more than the top teams. Lets add MacKinnon to Crosby and Malkin. Really?
I'm all for NYR or LAK winning the lockout lottery cause then it's ours and we'd most likely get another top 10 pick with our actual pick. Add in Murray and the other 2013 1st and we just did a serious influx of young talent in no time.

On a serious note, you never know who's gonna play out of their minds(StL this year) or who's gonna get decimated by injuries or just plan suck(TB) from year to year, so that's the reason for the all teams lottery. They might not even do it this way and instead have where if you've made the playoffs for the past 3 years, you get no balls in the pool and those would then go to those that haven't made it in the past 3 years. This is just how they did it for the Crosby draft, which on a "conspiracy" note I don't believe the drawing was done in front of anybody, so if that's the case then the 18 probably have no shot at all.