Old
08-21-2012, 07:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Fehr spoke today

He was asked a question about the system changes proposed by the owners

Quote:
“It’s no secret that there are things that are very important to players and they become more important in certain kinds of systems,” Fehr said Tuesday after concluding two days of meetings here with 38 NHLPA members. “What would it take to get players to move off those kind of things would be major concessions on the other side. A concession is when you give up something you have, not when you modify a position about something you don’t have. If somebody said I asked for everything you have and now I’ll only take half of everything you have, that’s not a concession. It’s when I say I’ll give you something.”
Quote:
“They [owners] have not indicated any substantial willingness to increase the revenue sharing,” added Fehr. “Hopefully that will be an arena where we will be able to find more common ground. If you can find a way to come to a conceptual agreement that we all think that this counts and that doesn’t [hockey related revenue], that’s great. If you can’t, then you have to find a way to come to an agreement that allows you in some fashion to accommodate those disagreements and resolve them if necessary on a case-by-case basis.
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/08...n-free-agency/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote