View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I don't think Erixon has to be a superstar to win this deal for the Jackets. If he becomes a NHL regular top 4-dman, while Anisimov/Dubi retain their scoring rate from 10-11, this deal is ridiculously lopsided for the Jackets.
At the same time, if that happens CBJ is looking to pay these guys 15m per in the pretty near future. So it would be Nash and 8m of cap space vs Dubi, AA and Erixon. If it doesn't happend, its still probably Nash and 4-5m of cap space vs Dubi, AA and Erixon. You can get a pretty good UFA for 8m per too, or for 4-5m per too...

Also, diffrent teams and diffrent needs.

Erixon vs our depth on LD of McD, Staal and MDZ (Skeji)

Dubi vs our depth at LW of Nash, Hagelin, Kreider and Rupp

Anisimov vs our depth at center of Richards, Stepan, JT Miller and Boyle, or at RW of Gabby, Cally and Pyatt.

On top of that, we have organizational depth. I can almost guarantee this: JT Miller will play in the NHL and besides him, in 3-4 years, our farm will have produced atleast one D (Skeji/McI) and one forward (Thomas, Bourque, Fasth, Nieves, Hrivik, Yogan, MSC and co).

Look, I was really loosing it at the trade rumor board reading soooo many posters comparing trade packages with AA, Dubi and Erixon and co with the typical "TML-trade prosposal". I too think its a heck of a deal for CBJ. I see where you are coming from. We gave up alot. Many here has also almost written off Erixon due to Torts comments, which I think is pretty absurd. But to say that we lost the deal, nah, I definitely think that's far fetched because we definitely got the best player, and probably by a very wide margin, and a 3(.3) deal for one player, heads and shoulders better than the guys going the other way, is exactly what we needed to do.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote