View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Dallas added a few top 6 guys to their top 6 already, at this point...does Morrow even fit? Kennedy let's the Stars save a few bucks and not feel guilty about putting TK in the bottom 6 because he belongs there. The speed, the relentless forechecking and backchecking, stick licking ability, and the guy shoots the puck when he gets it and won't pretend to be a playmaker. For a guy that is on a line that is supposed to drive the other team nuts and cycle the puck and get a few chances, he's done well for himself and has earned himself a reputation around the league.

I doubt Morrow waiving his NTC would be an issue, how many would say no to Pittsburgh with the opportunity of playing in the top 6 because of a lack of top 6 wingers?
Morrow doesnt fit in the top 6 and it's all good, in his prime he's been a top notch 2nd line winger flung into a first line role. At this point in his career he's perfectly cut out for the third line and some PP mins. He will continue to be the leader of what will be a very young nucleus of players(outside Jagr and Whitney of course) and he doesn't have to lead by leading the team in goals anymore, I wish people could accept that. Dallas doesnt need to save the money and there is no real need for Tyler Kennedy considering the number of depth players and prospects looking for an increased role. I wouldn't trade an asset for TK, on the lateral move front I think Nystrom is about fair value?