View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 01:03 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
This^ is closest to my thinking.
Value ballpark = overall, we if we upgrade Boyle-Rupp could be worth it.

I have said we should be open to try Kreider at C at some point to best exploit his speed, although I did agree with an explanation provided back that the way Torts system is set up, this would not be as much as otherwise, so unless there is an emergency, maybe CK at C is something we try after he's fully comfortable and set at LW, to get some versatility, in case of injuries shaping the roster.

We should not be afraid if JT Miller, and possibly even to a lesser extent Yogan earn roster spots, giving them a go at C. Yogan would be 4C, though we have Halpern for the f/os. Stepan is the incumbent 2c, but on a line where Hagelin/Kreider on the left and Callahan on the right skate circles around him, if Miller is as advertised a speedy playmaker who can do the pivot thing, he should get that line where speed across the board = best fit, even if it is 2nd line with him at 2c.

Stepan would be upgrade at 3C, though we have options if a deal bringing overpayment is suggested.
the problem with Kreider at Center is that you have to think the game more than if you were playing Wing.

Kreider has speed and while that's nice, I would prefer to have him play the game where things are natural for him. I don't think that Center is the best position for him in that regards.

I would try him there for a bit, but it's not the long-term goal. He's a LW'er first and foremost that can spot up at center for a short period of time. I also believe that Hansen (being more of a playmaking RW'er than a scoring RW'er) could also take a few games at center until Miller is ready for NHL action (which I think eill be arounf the 40 game mark).

Stepan is not a 3rd line center. He has already established that he is a top 6 player.

When completely healthy after Millers call up

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Miller - Hansen
Cleary - Halpern - Pyatt

Size, speed, skill on every line

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote