View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
This NHL lockout... does anyone seem to be REALLY freaking out? Not like 2005. There's a sense of "here we go again" annoyance, but a lot of the interest is focused on the labor drama and trying to predict when it'll break through. There isn't a tangible sense of outrage and protest this time around. And I think the NHL is banking on the resiliency of the fanbase as they make plans for the next 3-6 months.
I don't take this game as personal as some seem to so I don't really get worked up about a lockout or strike, as it's simply a form of entertainment for me. Same goes for any sport so if there is hockey and it is enjoyable, then I'll watch it and go to games. While I don't want a lockout, it really won't change my opinion much of owners/players. If there is no hockey, I'll spend my money on going to concerts, eating out more, going to college games, etc...which is the same thing I do when there is no hockey from May - October. When hockey comes back, I'll start watching again.

My quality of life wasn't any worse in 2004 when there was no NHL hockey and won't be any worse if there is a lockout this year.

Boom Boom Anton is online now   Reply With Quote